Your Partners in Progress
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a member-owned business that sells energy and invests in and supports other services to improve the quality of life in our communities.
Umatilla Electric Cooperative supports economic development efforts in northeastern Oregon. Our staff works closely with ports, cities, and counties in Umatilla and Morrow counties, as well as the state of Oregon, to ensure that our industrial and commercial prospects, and existing members considering expansion, receive information and assistance they need in a timely manner.
UEC serves an electric cooperative residential customer base while also continuously and increasingly engaging with some of the most power-sensitive and savvy agricultural and high-tech customers in the nation.
Our Economic Development professionals understand that reliable information and a coordinated effort are necessary to make decisions in a timely manner. UEC works with our local partners to make sure business and industry have the information they need to make essential decisions when considering a new location or expansion in Eastern Oregon.
Services for commercial and industrial customers:
- Individual consultations with potential
- Rate plans, rate analysis, load charting
- Engineering design and implementation
- On-site energy audits and analysis
- Energy efficiency incentives
UEC’s service area is an ideal location for commercial and industrial development. Over 75% of the co-op’s power serves commercial and industrial sectors, providing a base for economic development and community improvement.
Energy Sales by Sector
For qualified industrial customers, Umatilla Electric Cooperative may provide some financial incentives in the form of line extension or equipment costs. Each project is considered on a “case by case” basis and any incentives require the approval of the UEC Board of Directors. We are proud of our efforts to work with our local, state, and federal partners to help bring new industries and jobs to our communities, and we are equally proud of the close relationships we share with our customers long after the location process is completed.
The Boardman-Hermiston-Pendleton area is a flourishing region in two counties that totals about 90,000 population. We are established enough to have amenities needed by families and businesses, with quality healthcare, recreation and shopping. Umatilla Electric Cooperative is headquartered in Hermiston, Oregon (population 18,000+), the largest and fastest-growing city in Eastern Oregon.
- Located along the Columbia River, Lake Wallula and Lake Umatilla, the area is a hub for farming, food processing, transportation, energy development and data center activities.
- At the center of the Northwest, Hermiston is 30 minutes south of the Tri-Cities in Washington, 2 1/2 hours south of Spokane, 3 hours east of Portland and 3 1/2 hours northwest of Boise.
- The cost of living is lower than the national average.
- Blue Mountain Community College and Eastern Oregon University have branches in Hermiston; Columbia Basin College and Washington State University branch campus are a 40-mile drive.
- Area activities are plentiful and include golfing, boating, fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, and snow skiing.
- Known for it’s jaw-dropping sunsets and beautiful high desert vistas, the Columbia Basin has year round activities for the whole family.
We invite you to contact UEC’s Economic Development professionals for more information on how Umatilla Electric Cooperative can assist you with your development needs.
- UEC Business Resource Center
- Greater Eastern Oregon Development Corporation
- Economic Development Administration
- Northeast Oregon Economic Development District
- Confederated Tribes Coyote Business Park
- Boardman Chamber of Commerce
- Hermiston Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Centers