Fireworks Safety Tips
Fireworks and the Fourth of July go hand-in-hand, and we want you to have a safe, fun-filled celebration! About two-thirds of all fireworks related injuries occur between June 16 and July 16, so keep these safety tips in mind:
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your community before using them.
- Never buy professional-grade fireworks. They are not designed for safe consumer use.
- Keep small children a safe distance from all fireworks including sparklers which can burn at temperatures in excess of 2,000 degrees.
- Never reignite or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water or garden hose nearby to thoroughly soak duds before throwing them away.
- Keep pets indoors and away from fireworks to avoid contact injuries or noise reactions.