Attention Young Artists!
You are invited to enter Umatilla Electric’s Safety Poster Contest.
The contest is open to students in first through fifth grades, with division for each of grades 1-5.
Entry deadline is July 15.
- The contest is open to students who live in Umatilla or Morrow counties.
- Posters should be at least 8.5×11 inches, larger will be fine.
- Artwork must be the student’s original.
- Entries may be used for illustration, advertising, or social media content.
Top posters in each division and category will receive a $50 gift card. The categories are:
- Best Poster
- Most Creative
Names of all contestants will be entered in a prize drawing for gifts that you won’t want to miss.
How to Enter
There are two ways to enter:
- Mail your poster to Electrical Safety Poster Contest, Umatilla Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 1148, Hermiston OR 97838
- Take a clear photo or scan of your poster and email it.
Include the following on the back of your entry or in your email:
- Child’s name
- Phone number
- Child’s school
- Parent/guardian’s name
Pick any of the following home or farm Electrical Safety Themes (or pick your own!)
- Stay away from downed power lines!
- Water and electricity don’t mix! (pool, bathtub, sinks)
- Don’t play outside during a lightning storm!
- Keep fingers away from electrical outlets! (avoid the No Poke Zone)
- Never stick anything in an appliance that doesn’t belong! (knife in the toaster is a bad idea)
- Stay away from substations, transmission towers, transformers, utility poles, and solar panels! (pick one)
- Don’t touch the green box! (the green metal boxes you see in yards around town that access underground power lines)
- Watch for power lines when playing or working outside! (Look up and live, Don’t fly kites near power lines, Don’t climb trees near power lines)
- Frayed power cords are dangerous!