This position is responsible for keeping a complete and systematic set of records and ledger accounts recording financial transactions and the financial status of the Cooperative and its subsidiary. Maintains accounting records to ensure compliance with GAAP and RUS accounting standards. Assist with monthly closings, account analysis, and budgeting.
- Responsible for proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Rural Utility Services accounting standards.
- Assists with the month-end general ledger, closing entries, and month-end procedures ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes financial information in order to prepare balance sheet, profit & loss statements, and other reports.
- Maintains and reconciles the fixed asset system to the general ledger including cost, accumulated depreciation and work-in-process.
- Maintains the equipment management system to ensure reports accurately reflect transportation and equipment costs.
- Upholds the integrity of the accounting systems according to RUS Uniform System of Accounts, and other governing bodies.
Job Related Qualifications
Minimum Requirements (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE):
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with
major emphasis in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five (5) or more years of experience in general accounting in a comparable organization, with
RUS or electric utility accounting experience highly preferred. Completion of RUS
Correspondence Accounting Course is required within one year of employment.