Skip to content
- Do not burn anything inside your home without adequate ventilation to the outdoors.
- Have enough fuel available for alternate heat sources, such as wood for a wood stove.
- Never use gas ovens, gas ranges, barbecues, and most portable or propane heaters for indoor heating. These units use oxygen and create carbon monoxide that can cause suffocation.
- Before using an alternate heat source, read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have firefighting materials: dry powder, fire extinguisher, heavy tarp or blanket, and water available.