I’ve lost my bill. How do I find out how much I owe, my due date or my UEC account number?

You can access your account right here on UEC’s website by using the SmartHub portal on the home page. You can also call the UEC office to get your current billing information or any other information connected with your member account. We’ll be happy to assist over the phone or in person.

When will electric rates change and by how much? How are rates set?

Electric rates are based on the cost to purchase power on the wholesale market and cost of system operation. Umatilla Electric purchases most of its power from The Bonneville Power Administration, a federal marketing agency in charge of hydropower generation in the Pacific Northwest. Hydropower is the least expensive source of power generation, but prices can change depending upon many factors, including supply and demand.

There is no set time for rate adjustments. Increases or decreases in electric rates are determined by the UEC board of directors, after analysis of future power-need projections, system operation costs and prices. Rates are based on cents-per-kilowatt hour of usage. The average residential usage is about 1,400 kWh per month.

If I move to a property with existing UEC service, how do I place service in my name and set up an account?

You can sign-up for existing service under a new account two ways:

  • Simply by stopping at a UEC office and applying for membership or;
  • Sign up online

You will be asked to fill out a membership application, pay a $5 membership fee and a $250 deposit to begin service in your name. If you wish to waive the deposit, you must have a co-signer with a satisfactory letter of credit history to qualify for the waiver. Deposit requirements for non-residential members are based on the amount of energy needed.

My power is out. Who do I call?

You can call 888-465-2273 any time day or night to report an outage. Meter numbers, street address or account information may be helpful. It is helpful to keep the “grid plate” numbers handy and provide that information if asked. Each pole has a grid plate with numbers and letters describing its exact location. The grid plate numbers help line crews to quickly find the precise location of the problem.

Additionally, by downloading our app – SmartHub – you can report your outage directly from your mobile device.

I am interested in weatherizing my home or installing a heat pump. How do I get started?

Get started by contacting UEC at 541-567-6414. We will ask questions about your home and what you want to do to improve the energy efficiency of your home. A free energy audit from UEC may be the first step in the process. The audit determines how much heat or cooling air is lost from the structure and offers recommendations on how to improve your home’s efficiency.

Among the solutions are weatherizing your home to seal it from energy loss or by installing a year-around heat pump. UEC offers rebates and low-cost financing for qualified heat pump and weatherization installations.