Attention Young Artists! Enter UEC’s Coloring Contest
Attention Young Artists!
You are invited to enter Umatilla Electric’s Safety Poster Contest.
The contest is open to students in first through fifth grades, with division for each of grades 1-5.
Entry deadline is July 15.
- The contest is open to students who live in Umatilla or Morrow counties.
- Posters should be at least 8.5×11 inches, larger will be fine.
- Artwork must be the student’s original.
- Entries may be used for illustration, advertising or social media content.
Top posters in each division and category will receive a $50 gift card. The categories are:
- Best Poster
- Most Creative
Names of all contestants will be entered in a prize drawing for gifts you won’t want to miss.
How to Enter
There are two ways to enter:
- Mail your poster to Electrical Safety Poster Contest, Umatilla Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 1148, Hermiston OR 97838
- Take a clear photo or scan of your poster and email it to: email@example.com
Include the following on the back of your entry or in your email:
- Child’s name
- Phone number
- Child’s school
- Parent/guardian’s name
Pick any of the following home or farm Electrical Safety Themes (or pick your own!)
- Stay away from downed power lines!
- Water and electricity don’t mix! (pool, bathtub, sinks)
- Don’t play outside during a lightning storm!
- Keep fingers away from electrical outlets! (avoid the No Poke Zone)
- Never stick anything in an appliance that doesn’t belong! (knife in the toaster is a bad idea)
- Stay away from substations, transmission towers, transformers, utility poles and solar panels! (pick one)
- Don’t touch the green box! (the green metal boxes you see in yards around town that access underground power lines)
- Watch for power lines when playing or working outside! (Look up and live, Don’t fly kites near power lines, Don’t climb trees near power lines)
- Frayed power cords are dangerous!