The UEC Difference
We’re more than an ordinary utility — we are guided by principles that put the needs of our members, employees, and communities first. Serving over 17,000 customer-members across an expansive, diverse territory takes strength, commitment, and teamwork. At UEC, we rely on each other, so our members can rely on us.
Who We Are
At UEC it’s about more than just a job, it’s about teamwork, community and neighbors. We put people first to create a sense of community that fosters positive change in employees’ lives and the communities they serve.
What We Do
Our members are powered by us, and we’re powered by them. That’s why we go above and beyond to make our team members feel valued with exceptional pay, benefits, and perks. From impressive 401(k) matching to comprehensive health insurance options, we’ve got you covered.
The Boardman-Hermiston-Pendleton area is a flourishing region in two counties that totals about 90,000 population. We are established enough to have amenities needed by families and businesses, with quality healthcare, recreation and shopping. Umatilla Electric Cooperative is headquartered in Hermiston, Oregon (population 18,000+), the largest and fastest-growing city in Eastern Oregon.
- Located along the Columbia River, Lake Wallula and Lake Umatilla, the area is a hub for farming, food processing, transportation, energy development and data center activities.
- At the center of the Northwest, Hermiston is 30 minutes south of the Tri-Cities in Washington, 2 1/2 hours south of Spokane, 3 hours east of Portland and 3 1/2 hours northwest of Boise.
- The cost of living is lower than the national average.
- Blue Mountain Community College and Eastern Oregon University have branches in Hermiston; Columbia Basin College and Washington State University branch campus are a 40-mile drive.
- Area activities are plentiful and include golfing, boating, fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, and snow skiing.
- Known for it’s jaw-dropping sunsets and beautiful high desert vistas, the Columbia Basin has year round activities for the whole family.
Ready to Power Up Your Career?
Umatilla Electric Cooperative serves a varied residential customer base while also continuously and increasingly engaging with some of the most power-sensitive and savvy agricultural and high-tech customers in the nation.
Our staff work together with ports, cities, and counties in Umatilla and Morrow counties, as well as the state of Oregon, to ensure that our residential, industrial and commercial members are receiving top-tier service and reliable energy at the lowest rates possible.
UEC employs nearly 100 people, including many who live in our service area. Our employees have a vested interest in the cooperative, live and work by our core cooperative principles and share a commitment to providing a vital service to our communities.
Interested in Cooperative jobs nationwide? View national opportunities at Search Touchstone Energy’s Career Opportunities.